FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated PVG connections / connection time / logistics / lounges
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:21 pm
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by drewguy

*A Gold. Food is mediocre at best (but better than PEK), but comfort is decent. I believe there's a first class lounge that you may get access to in J (perhaps contract check in staff will give you pass as GS too) - I think it's just emptier, not better.
Yes, when I experienced the First Class Lounge in 2018, it was emptier as you said so it was quite comfortable. They did have things to eat in the buffet (not very good) but also had a menu that you could order from. Did not try that. The person in charge was frequently gone so with some other passengers we would just self-serve the wine but that made the person in charge quite embarrassed when she saw us doing it.

The Business Class section has two floors. The food is on the upper floor but in the summer that upper floor is way too warm. So, now, my wife and I just sit in the lower floor and bring the food from upstairs. I don't know if that's really allowed but they did not tell us anything and we have seen other people doing it too.

Many newspapers in English. I really like that for the long flight home.....

Last edited by StuckinITH; Aug 22, 2019 at 7:27 pm