FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Koru - Extra Bag Entitlement Question
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:20 pm
flyer94

Originally Posted by sweetaz
I had a similar query around Chicago to Wellington. Was last year before direct flight. Was booked and ticketed via Air NZ. The Koru allowance and baggage explanations on the website was very confusing to the point of being contradictory so I called up and asked for clarification. I was told the United airlines leg would allow it. That I now know is wrong, they will not allow it, and added to this they charge the bag checked through the entire way, even though I would be flying NZ metal for the bulk of the trip, this is standard practice according to some statue, that generally is advantageous to passengers, but in this case for me was not.

They also made me remove items to get under the 50lbs limit. I was surprised I was even at that limit as I had measured carefully up to 23kg as per my ticket. 50lbs is 22.67kg, and yes she was that pedantic. Got the money back in airpoint dollars from Air NZ once I reiterated I wanted a copy of the taped conversation I had with their rep. Moral of the story, website is (or was) confusing, but no Koru gives you no entitlement :/
Damn... I might have to just fork it out. As I'm Korean, maybe my Korean could help explain the situation more to the OZ Korean check-in agents. I'll report back anyway once I'm back from the trip and let you guys know.