FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:14 pm
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by joytatee
I ordered food thru grubhub on July 31st. The transaction was posted two days later but the transaction date was 7/31/19. The dining credit was posted on 8/4/19. The credit was for July.
I have ordered food on the last day of the month several times and got the $10 credit for each month.
Originally Posted by bgriff
I have had the experience of ordering Seamless on the last day of the month and the transaction posting on my statement with a date on the 1st of the following month, and got the credit in the following month. So I wouldn't necessarily make a habit of waiting that late. (In that case, I'd already gotten the credit for the prior month, so it worked out fine for me.)
Originally Posted by joytatee
I agree with you. But I did it because I was out of the country and came back home on the last day of the month. And I ordered it during the day. So the transaction was posted the same date I ordered. I guess if you order food at night time, the transaction might be posted the next day date.
i can confirm the same experience w/ @bgriff. when you dine the last day of the month and it posts next day, you will get credit for the next month. not the month prior. this happened to me a few times and had to call for manual adjustment. amex agent had mentioned this to me many times. matter of fact, that is how its supposed to work based on the T&C. you must care about the POST date of the transaction. not the original charge date.

$120 Dining Credit
American Express relies on the merchant to process transactions within the same calendar month that you made the purchase in order to apply the $10 monthly statement credit in the month that it was intended. For example, if you make an eligible purchase on the last day of the month and the merchant doesn't process that transaction until the next day, the transaction date will reflect the next day's date and the statement credit would be applied in the following month.

therefore, @joytatee should double check and verify which month the $10 credit was for. you could always be getting the next months credit unknowingly. but maybe things have changed recently and now amex relies on charge date? TBD.