FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR/LGW pilots (BALPA) industrial action 9 Sep, 10 Sep, and 27 Sep
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:07 am
KeaneJohn

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by paulaf
If I could extend my stay in the villa instead would BA pay for the necessary nights there if I provide receipts? Any contribution would be great.
BA have an ‘policy’ of £200 per night for hotels, EU261 says they must provide accommodation but don’t cap a price so if all the hotels in your area are £300 then screenshot the evidence to show the rate. Depends what the nightly rate is for the villa and for how many, if it’s comparable with a hotel then go fo it, I can’t see BA being unreasonable in denying this claim as they have to provide a duty of care.

if it’s more expensive than a hotel expect BA to put a cap on it. If you do need to travel to/from the accommodation then keep receipts.

I know its easier said said than done but stop worrying, IF a strike is announced BALPA might say 26 and 27 Sept and BA maybe gets 30 flights out on each day, you might not be travelling on that day and your flight could be one of the 30 that operate.

Also. If BALPA say right strikes 15 16 Sept. 25 and 26 Sep. 1 Oct and 3 Oct it doesn’t mean strikes will happen on those days, a strike date merely puts a bit of pressure on BA which will hopefully allow either talks to resume or the strikes called off by BALPA.

From what ive seen BALPA seem to be ‘reasonable’ over this is not scheduling strikes whilst the legal challenge and appeal took place, not scheduling strikes whilst talks undertaken, helped BA out in their IT issue and said they wouldn’t announce strikes over a weekend. Whilst the aim of a strike is to cause disruption, BALPa won’t go for the jugular yet unless BA are totally unreasonable.