FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most expensive wine served by AC in J
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:22 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
Not so much some thought (I think the sommelier is rather thoughtful), but some cash. Indeed the wine quality is embarrassing. Admittedly some will say serving more expensive wines would be serving pearls to pigs. But then the same would hold when I serve wine to gusts at home. Yet I won't serve wine that I don't drink myself, even knowing that my standards are very likely higher. At the end of the day, a matter of face.

It's not about cost to me, it's about taste (which is obviously very personal). I've had VERY good $15 bottles from Safeway. I've had very bad $80 bottles from a winery.

But I agree in principle. You want better wine, I want some rum alternatives

The fact that North American Y has more options for beer and liquor than both NA J and international Y/J is ludicrous.

Originally Posted by Stranger
In a sense AC is losing us Canadians face with travellers who know better. For the sake of a few pennies. OTOH in the Signature Lounge, wines are quite decent. So my guess is they still reason as if the J cabin is filled with bottom feeders on upgrades... (Still a bottom feeder myself, and proud of it. But most of the time no longer on upgrades, just cheap P.)
That's another thing I find odd. They've clearly decided J tickets are worth an enhanced experience, but why can't I have that same experience on board? Obviously we can't have 8 beers on tap on the plane, but maybe a few extra options...