FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:05 pm
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by flightyryan
You have no idea. So so exhausted. Like, literal clinical probably, ha. I'm taking next week totally off, I just have to.

That is the goal and it will happen. Otherwise what are we doing. I sat and watched a sunset for an extra 2 hours because I knew for SURE my plane was going to be late because I could see the inbound was late and I watched the delays lengthen slowly. THAT is the holy grail and where we are going. You just sitting at Bobby Van's and not having to worry a hair, Flighty has your back completely. That is confidence user want and will pay for and we will deliver.

Here's what is going on: We launched <30 days ago, it took ~10 days to see the patterns in which data is not perfect, and then we immediately starting looking for other sources, negotiating, and testing. I can't publicly say what we learned, or what sources we will be using, and how we will do it, because that is a massive competitive advantage. Just imagine thought - it's not at all obvious what the root cause is, it could be an airline, an airport, a region, the user's settings, a one-off fluke, etc etc. So it takes a lot of reports from users to learn that CX could be better. And to be honest, it's the best of the worst - it works almost all the time, so your case is not normal and you should not think "Flighty sucks for CX". That is objectively not true. Again, not your concern, just sharing .

Bottom line: We need reports, via the app, that say exactly what happened, why you know Flighty was late, with times, and any other context like the airport been F'ed that day, or you having bad LTE, etc etc.

When we get those, we can narrow in on the root cause and then go solve it. Otherwise that's why we ask a million questions about the issue, to try to narrow in.

I did get your report. And I do appreciate it so much, for real. Super helpful and literally the ONLY way to know!

You nailed it. And I said the same thing above before reading this: It has to be 99.99% accurate. Just has to be. And it's possible and we will do it. I forget too that we only just launched and it's only been <30 days. Feels like 4 months ago! But we fix them permanently and so we are doing it right. Once we get the accuracy fixed, then we go back to new features, and yes, we have a long long very cool list of those .

Thanks for the support ��. And honest feedback. And for caring. Please keep reporting (at least via app plus here if you want) as much accuracy issues as you can notice and have time to help.
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a developer this committed to getting things right. Thank you. I understand that you can't reveal certain information for obvious reasons. I'm not planning to head back to New York until later in the year to spend time with friends and family. As you can probably guess/know, weather is a problem for New York in winter. Hopefully you'll make some sort of progress on that as I intend to fly CX865 again.

I know you're not going to provide specific details about Flighty's roadmap and I know you got a lot of things to address, but I do recalled that you said something about Flighty being a replacement for my.FlightRadar/FlightDiary. I would respectfully disagree on that point. It's not. I don't know how high this is on your priority list, but it would be great if I can add at the minimum, seats to my flight history. Is this very hard to implement? I don't work as a developer so I won't understand the difficulty in that. Just a thought and maybe a suggestion here. have you thought about adding as much features that FlightDiary/my.FlightRadar have to draw in as many users to use the app for free and then tempt them to upgrade to a subscription? Again, the design of the app is a major draw for me. I load up Flighty everyday even on days that I don't fly. How weird is that? I also go to my.FlightRadar everyday just to view all of the flights that I have taken.