FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:42 am
flightyryan
Company Representative, Flighty App

Programs: flighty.com
Originally Posted by lsquare
1. Maybe forgot is the wrong word. I didn't know what to expect and what I had to do prior to taking AC548. I think it might be best for some things to be turned on by default. I'll let you make the decision on that.

2. I think CX865 JFK-YVR have been a mess at least based on my experience so far and the statistics provided by Flighty. Have you looked into the flight? I took CX865 on July 5th and August 9th from JFK-YVR.

3. I don't know if it was correct because I don't have any other information to compare to. The funny thing is that it ultimately reverted to the original plane that was supposed to be used for the JFK-YVR flight. So CX changed the plane, but thought it was a bad idea and go back to the original plane? Flighty shows B777-300 changed to B777-300 ER, but I think it was originally a B777-300 ER. If so, it made a couple of decisions in a span of a couple of hours.

4. Yes, Flighty was late to notify me of the delayed departure while CX's notification via email and Google was correct. Why wasn't Flighty able to show the delayed departure much earlier?

I'm just going to copy and paste this into an email for you. I'm not sure why my User ID would be important in figuring out why Flighty didn't display the delayed departure sooner.

Thx for the help.
1/2/3. Flighty and our sources only show CX865 as assigned to a 777-300 ER. No one shows a change. At least now. I can easily image a scenario where our sources tell us the plane changed from a 777-300 ER to a 777-300 because they do dumb stuff like that all the time. We should build in protection against that, but that risks not showing a valid change then. So we'll have to balance it.

4. Boring answer: because CX does not share that data with any of our sources in an appropriate manner. Real answer: We're still going to make it better. Users don't care "why" they just want it fixed and that's what we are working on right now. It's frustrating because we work perfectly with all but 4 airlines. But if you have one experience with one of those 4, you think Flighty is not accurate across the board. As you should! So we have to have 99.99/100 accuracy in order to be perceived as accurate. 97.5/100 is not enough and that's where we are.

Not making excuses, and I knew this coming into it. Just sharing, since y'all are extra interested.

5. When you report an issue via the Flighty app, we get your UserID which is the only way to see what alerts we sent to that UserID. Secondarily, we get Diagnostics Logs, which show what you and the app where doing that lead up to any issues.

So when you have an issue, if you hit that "Report an Issue" button, we get the log data we need. If you wait 12+ hours to send it, or dont' send it via that means, we don't get useful logs and we can't do anything basically.

That is not your fault. It is made that way on purpose for privacy. Just sharing.

Originally Posted by lsquare
What's the point of calling it lifetime if it's going to be 3 years?
I did not say or mean to imply that we would sell you a lifetime membership that only vastest 3 years. That would be absurd and a scam. I said: When users do the math to see if they would prefer to buy an app for $79.99/yr or X lifetime cost... 3x is usually the benchmark they expect.

Then I said, people keep asking us for lifetime plans, but I suspect they would not actually want that. If I offered $79.99/year or $199 for lifetime, would any of you actually buy the lifetime? I doubt it. Which means people aren't actually asking for a lifetime plan, what they want is a lower price. SO, I wanted to check that assumption and see - would any of you actually buy lifetime at $199?

Originally Posted by BKft
Two more suggestions @flightyryan

1) You should really extend one more month in the "Add new flight" calendar. It is August now and I bught some flights for next August. I cannot add them now as the last month I have as an option is July 2020. From my point of view, especially because when airplane tickets become available a year in advance - "Month/year - Month/year+1" should be the default, not "Month/year - Month-1/year+1"

2) While adding a new flight, in the screen below:

You have some screen real estate to add another option which would be "Date of My Last (Added) Flight" (it could be either last added or last as in the last on the list; btw "my last flight" doesn't sound so nice ).

My idea behind this suggestion is quite practical - I love the "Date of my next flight" option, but now when I was adding a couple of flights for the same day in May 2020, it would be great to not have to browse through months, but use the suggested option.
Great ideas x2! Thank you!

We choose 365 days since it covers 99% of flights. In hindsight that is stupid, why not cover 100%?

Basically you want a "Recently Used" line in the dates. Makes total sense.

Did you notice our shortcut to "Return" flight on the first search page, pretty cool , doesn't solve this issue, just pointing out.

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 21, 2019 at 1:08 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.