FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta exiting NRT, ending NRT-SIN and moving MNL flight to ICN
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:10 am
alman84

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by AntonS
Just flew SEA-NRT and SIN-NRT-SEA.

Few observations.

Change to HND would be welcome for Tokyo bound pax. Not having to spend 1 hour on Narita Express and then figuring out how to get reserved seats on your return ticket is a huge plus (which ended up being not necessary but they do not tell you).

SIN-NRT is a sad loss, but timing is horrible, 5:45am! I understand that it's timed for connections but 6:45 would work just as well for most. Delta required to check your bag 1 hour prior, which is not really necessary in SIN. I checked in around 4:35am and was probably last one. Many grumpy sleepy pax on the plane.

Without SIN-NRT and new timing of ICN-SEA there is just no good 1-stop option from SIN to SEA. 11am Korean SIN-ICN used to connect with DL metal ICN-SEA but not with new timing on 330neo, which is pushed to 6:20pm instead of 7:20pm. KE metal ICN-SEA leaves even earlier. It would be great to have 7am-8am SIN-ICN departure on KE (or DL) but there is none.

​​​​So much for SEA Asian hub if you can not even fly SIN-XXX-SEA with a reasonable connection. I am just taking SQ next time.
SQ is starting SIN-SEA nonstop next month. I'll be on a SEA-SIN leg in October, actually.