FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]
Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:21 pm
anaggie

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
We just finished a 5 night stay at this BEAUTIFUL resort and here are my feelings:

PROS:

-- Property is just gorgeous and you can get lost in all the greenery and nature
-- Staff are very friendly and helpful
-- Rooms are beautiful and really of a good size with large bathrooms and balconies. 4 people per room and you would still be very comfortable. We had booked three rooms for 4 adults, 4 kids, and 1 20month old.
-- Pools are amazing and lots of chairs to go around
-- Beach is just gorgeous, very secluded and peaceful. We swam everyday and it wasn't too rough and even my kids enjoyed it. The water was very clean as was the beach.
-- Breakfast was included for all of us as we were all elite level.
-- Coffee was delivered every morning on the dot and if they weren't on the dot -- maybe 5 mins late by the butler service.

CONS:

-- The resort fee of $75 per day plus the tax on that
-- The nickel and diming of everything -- ask for some extra pita bread for the hummus and they charge $8. The dish was $14.
-- Elites get the continental breakfast only -- cold buffet -- any hot stuff like like an omelet or fried eggs would be charged an extra $9.
-- the prices are on the high side for all food and services -- asked for a hot chocolate from the butler service and they don't provide that. They would get it from in room dining which comes out to something like $16 for one hot chocolate.
-- it seems that they try to help but they can only go so far. They don't really have other options for you -- but I noticed this with the whole island.

I tried to use my SNA's but they didn't go thru. In the end, we didn't really require the suite upgrade since all of our rooms were together and that made things easier.

Would I go here again -- of course. I was able to book this property at 60,000points and now it is 85,000.

If you have any questions -- please ask and I will try my best to answer them.