FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 『club point run』on my birthday— interesting experience
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:34 pm
wyskevin

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
『club point run』on my birthday— interesting experience

OK, I need club point run and hope to get it done for a same day return flights. It is better to do it on Saturday because I could still get some rest on next day and in case any connection lost and stuck in HKG. My birthday happened to be Saturday so I did it on my birthday. The itinerary was below:

KHH-HKG 07.45-09.05
HKG-BKK 12.00-14.00
BKK-HKG 16.00-19.55
HKG-KHH 21.40-23.15

I know I could possibly get birthday upgrade. But since the aim was to get more club points, business class ticket was bought.

When checkin in KHH, 4 BPs were issued without any problem. But I particularly asked the agent whether there was any special message in the system. She said, “No.. Oh, it is your birthday, but no message. Maybe because you book business class already so no upgrade.” OK, fair enough.

On each flight, I received very warm greeting and happy birthday by all ISMs, SPs, and some FPs. I also got 4 lovely birthday cards and 3 boxes of chocolate. It was really kind of them and I appreciated them a lot. But I wonder who paid for the chocolates? CX? ISM only? Or ISM and some crew?

On HKG-BKK, it was old 1-2-1 A333 aircraft, and crew left a message on my personal monitor which was very impressive! I don’t know they can do that!

In this difficult time, keep flying CX is the best support to them.
Here I would like to thanks all the cabin crew who looking after me. It was a great birthday (4 legs in a day..mmmmm)
I hope CX management could see the crew are the most valuable asset, who are worth being treated well with respect.

Last edited by wyskevin; Aug 19, 2019 at 10:01 pm