FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complete Run Around-14 Days in Africa with no luggage
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:10 pm
AA100k

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IggySD

Despite your disclaimer this is pretty much the definition of blaming the victim.

i love how how the recommendation to arrive early has now progressed to 2 days because we just accept so much incompetence from airlines. That’s really not a reasonable possibility in many instances.
All itineraries, simple or complicated are not guaranteed. If OP’s first flight was delayed for weather instead of Mx would that be “incompetence from airlines?” You can’t plan for every contingency but you can lower risk in a number of ways suggested by others above and soften the blow in the event things go sideways. No one is blaming OP, AA is responsible in this case.

Like OP, I travel with a lot of camera equipment. My two carry on items, a backpack and 22” spinner hold around 60 pounds, all of which board with me and are never checked. I don’t understand the issue with wheels and bush pilots but I would definitely ignore that for Safari #9 and go with a two wheeler at least and carry more onboard.