FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed with lack of pre-departure beverage (PDB) & other experiences
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:07 pm
theboss7593

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by seanp7
I've started doing this as well, especially on the 787-10 and when I'm in a Polaris lounge - and with the App Notifications on boarding being fairly reliable, I now wait for that and board later in the process. Why drink the gross sparkling wine as a PDB when you can have Champagne or another Paper Plane in the PL?
I also do this, I don't ever understand why people crowd at the gate an hour before the plane takes off. If the gate closes at T-15 I show up at T-20 usually get right on (unless there was a delay in boarding), sit down the door shuts 5 minutes later and off we go. I don't need to sit on a plane for 45 minutes extra than I already am. And as others have pointed out, have a drink of choice or coffee in the club. Coffee in the club beats the good ole pot in J anyday.