FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Washington DC National Mall {US-DC}
Old Aug 19, 2019, 5:23 pm
sallyerd

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
no custom omelettes in exec. lounge during our recent stay

Agreed with everything, except one. Super easy access from Metro. We stayed last week for two weekdays and one weekend night. Never did we see custom omelettes in the lounge. We were offered (ONLY on weekdays) to have anything on the restaurant menu for a $10 upcharge since there is no buffet in the restaurant. We ordered the excellent flank steak (which was actually eye round) and eggs. Other than that, the weekend buffet in the restaurant was identical in quality to the buffet in the lounge. Also had much construction noise (jackhammers) starting at 8am and presumably all day. Check-in staff claim that the suites are not available yet for occupancy (despite a earlier poster on this thread experiencing otherwise). Parking is valet-only for $59 and access to the self-park very round-about and confusing. I don't recall the pricing on the self-park menu (should have taken a photo). If I had to self-park again, I would get explicit directions beforehand.

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Stayed here recently to check out the property. The hotel rooms are only on floors 11, 12, 14, and 15.

PROS:
Great location!
Beautiful rooms (better than most Hiltons)
King-size beds
Great lounge breakfast (thick cut bacon, chicken apple sausage, custom omelettes)
Lounge has Acqua Panna
Rooms have 65" TVs
Rooms have many power outlets
Great water pressure and temperature
Bathroom has permanent night light mounted under the mirror

CONS:
So-so evening lounge presentation
Road noise from 395
Few suites means no chance of room upgrade as elite
Poorly conceived shower design; the shower head should be on opposite wall from controls and stall entrance to minimize splashing
Motion control bathroom lights kept turning off
Poor fitness center
Pool perpetually under construction
Lobby a little too minimalist, needs more chairs/sofas for lounging
Executive lounge lacks natural light

It's a solid property, and better than the Capital Hilton. Having stayed at various Marriott/Hilton hotels with lounges in the DC area, I'd rank them as such:

1) Conrad DC
2) Crystal Gateway Marriott
3) Hilton National Mall
4) Georgetown Marriott
5) Ritz Tysons
6) Marriott North Bethesda