FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:38 am
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
You used a RUC on CVG-RDU? I feel like that would clear with a RUC even at the gate. I wouldn't have used it on SLC-CVG, but if I wanted to use it on this routing, I would waitlist SLC-CVG and once that longer leg cleared, apply the RUC to the much shorter CVG-RDU.

How many seats are unassigned in F on the seat map on SLC-CVG now? As the flight is in about a week, correct?
I have four RUCs and I rarely fly Delta on longer flights. In 63 segments my average flight length is 450 miles. Therefore, I didn't mind applying it for the whole trip as SLC-CVG will be my third longest Delta flight this year and I still have one RUC in my account I have no idea what I'll be doing with. Plus, my previous two had cleared in advance, one by several months and one the week of so I decided to see if I'd get lucky.

Currently there are three seats left in F.