FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FA /crew /pax wrong or right ?
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:42 am
KenTarmac

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
They have a child with a disability who cannot sit by themselves. I am guessing takeoff is one of the worst parts of it. Suggesting switching seats in the air is silly in such a case.

As long as the passengers agreed to the switch, I have no idea why a flight attendant was even involved.
Which brings us back to a point I make often. If you are - or some one you are traveling with is so disabled (mentally - as in this case) as to require special assistance and/or accommodations to avoid a potential melt down then perhaps flying isn't the best mode of transportation for you - or them. Take the car, bus, train, boat, taxi, Uber, Lyft, limo or private auto.

Again, as was stated earlier in this thread. This is one side of a very complicated story. I'm sure there's much, much more to this story - if it's even true. It reminds me of the deaf couple who had a melt down when they couldn't sit together (Also at DTW back in January of this year).

Deaf couple and discrimination at DTW...thoughts?