FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Cutting Corners - On Toilet Paper and ..
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:59 pm
melissaru

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Just stayed at the JW Parq Vancouver - a lovely hotel by any standards - and used upgrade certs for a suite. Bathroom contained full-size bottles of Molton Brown products. Nice touch, except that the shower products - shampoo/conditioner/bath gel - were bolted to the wall as if at a RI (which, granted, would NOT be Molton Brown). There was a full-size lotion next to the sink with a note stating, essentially, you take it, you buy it.
Now, I'm not going to complain about a high-end bath product in a hotel, but I've gotta say, seeing everything attached to the wall really cheapened an otherwise great room. I know this is a long-term Marriott plan - the elimination of individual bottles - and can deal with it in a Residence Inn or TP Suites, as I have. But at a JW? And also, what does housekeeping do every day, fill the bottles so that the top is consistently new, but the older product lingers in the bottle? Ick.