FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Misconnect in MUC Question
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:37 am
Salisbury5

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Well that was a surprise

I love FlyerTalk. I read it every day. I have read it every day for maybe 15 years. I consider myself an experienced traveller. And I greatly respect my fellow Flyertalkers for your advice and experience and helpfulness.

This experience is is no exception.

But it it seems that my experience and desire to be proactive (something I learned from FlyerTalk) might have been the cause of my troubles last night.

Lets put EUR 261 compensation aside completely please for the following question.

i would have assumed that my fellow FlyerTalkers would have also been proactive in calling Lufthansa from Canada and finding out what in advance awaits them in Munich. Certainly I was happy to hear about being “protected” on the later Malaga flight. And it put my mind at ease before an overnight transatlantic flight. Plus maybe I took the last 5 seats from the MUC-AGP flight saving me a night in Munich (ignoring EUR261 again please).

But sometime after I hung up with Lufthansa I was (presumably automatically) offloaded from the YYZ-MUC flight and put on some crazy routing through Manchester.

The previous poster suggests I may have caused this myself somehow. And if I kept quiet I would not have been re-routed. I respect his opinion.

I was just doing what I thought you all would agree was the best way forward. Be proactive. In the case if IRROPS always call, always be proactiv, is the usual advice here.

So so did I do wrong?