FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post Your Travel Setup: Past & Present
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:36 pm
dddc

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
When I've travelled for work so far, I've never had to take my laptop out and work, and that's even on a 24hr flight to Australia with my boss merrily plodding away on his next to me. (I swear it was to distract him from not being able to smoke for 13 and 9 hours at a time!!). In later companies I've worked for they have specifically requested that we don't work in public places where any data or information can be seen. Having had people with massive screens sitting in eyeshot, it's not hard to read everything they are working on. There has been one occasion it was a competitor company doing a pitch for a deal!!

I take my trusty Samsung Galaxy S Tablet (circa 2014) with me that I load with movies in case the IFE is down (once only when I was placed in an IFE inoperable seat as I was travelling on a friend's staff travel ticket). Luckily the long haul airlines I've flown have had decent movies. Short haul in Europe I watch a few Netflix shows to kill time on the longer 3 hr plus fights. I've got a keyboard attached to it so can work on docs if need to in flight.

I have my Samsung S7 mobile for music and short games to kill time when inevitably we're told that despite boarding on time we're going to move away from the gate and wait for 2 hours before we can get a slot to leave.....