FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA001 to NY, Fly Back First? But NYC Hotels are overpriced
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:36 am
sunshinebob

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by jplondon
LCY flight is interesting once but not that special. And F back ok but you will sleep.
And, its only something like 6 or 7 hours home. We did the same BA1 out and First back JFK to LHR in May this year. We flew home about 6.30pm and by the time I had a few drinks and some dinner it was almost time to get off.

Now "Singers" (as an aussie called it recently) is a different kettle of fish. That a380 flight leaves about midnight meaning you get a proper sleep / awake experiance over the 12 hours on the BA flight. I also did that this year too and stayed at the Shangri La in thier Valley Wing which was amazing. But its also as expensive as NYC at £300 plus a night but well worth it and a much nicer room..

BTW we stayed in NYC at the Kitano in midtown manhatten for a snip under £200 a night on a booking dot come deal this year. I really liked the area and hotel but its not available for your dates.. I suggest somewhere Mid town near Grand Central or Penn Street from previous experiance as its my prefered blend of price and location.