FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Exterior luggage / baggage tag for flying?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 9:41 am
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I was on the phone with Baggage Services and did read the tag number to the rep. There was still some confusion. She said the next delivery service would be picking up bags in about a half hour. She doubted if they could resolve the dual numbers by then and told me truthfully we might not get the bag until the next day or later. That is when I decided to pull the plug and just go there and get it ourselves.

The Baggage Services rep impressed me as very experienced. I believe she was giving me correct information.

The other replies are helpful, thank you. My friend is not an experienced Road Warrior. I had to twist his arm to get an Aadvantage account in the first place. He works as a free-lancer out of his own home, so there is no office address available. I will investigate the QR tags, as that sounds like a great idea. I might get a set for us as well.

My husband suggested we make up business cards with his name and home address, but make it look like that address is some kind of business. "Smith Police Supply and Home Security" came to mind.
I don't understand. You read the tag number to the baggage claim person, and it had matched a tag matching that number and your flight routing, as well as being the same kind of bag you checked, yet there was still confusion on the part of the agent, even though nobody else had contacted them regarding a missing bag with that number.