FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CEO Rupert Hogg resigns; also other top execs
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:25 am
Cathay Dragon 666

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Feel bad for Hogg to go down this way, he was a lifer at Cathay for over 30 plus years, someone that truly loves the airline.

This actually make me feeling less safe in the future if I ever had to fly with Cathay, because it shows Cathay is bending over itself to appease the Chinese regime. And one is naive if one believes the Chinese regime's demand of Cathay will stop right here. In the future the Chinese regime will probably demand Cathay to buy parts and services from China as much as possible, meaning less quality parts, less qualified services, meaning less safer Cathay as we know it.

Well, I guess I will stop my attend to renew Gold this year, I had planned to buy a few I fare tickets with them, but now those money will go elsewhere. For Cathay to fire their pilots, and other personnel, and now CEO and another upper management had to stepped down because Beijing said so, well, they can sell their souls to Beijing, I won't be part of it.