FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CEO Rupert Hogg resigns; also other top execs
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:38 am
conde

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
It is extremely disappointing to see that Hogg "resigned" as CEO of Cathay Pacific. CX now goes from Boss Hogg to Emperor Augustus.

Hogg stated that "...it is right that Paul and I take responsibility as leaders of the company" ; by responsibility he really means blame.

It would be understandable if Hogg were pushed out due to CX financial performance (this year CX is among 10 worst-performing carriers on the Bloomberg World Airlines Index, per Skift), but that wasn't it. It would be understandable if Hogg were sacked due to ethics violations. No ethics violations were cited.

Although I have not been a fan of the cost cuts and deterioration of CX service levels under Hogg, I don't appreciate the reason for his departure. It isn't good to see Beijing meddling with a Hong Kong enterprise.

It will be interesting to hear from Augustus, about what he plans to do differently as CEO of Cathay Pacific, and what changes the airline may make.