FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Alaska Airlines Bored Room
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:51 am
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by ctporter
Surprising to hear that about BOI, they have been super nice each time I fly out of there. What I have noticed is at SEA is that there are a LOT of folks coming up to the GAs and asking for better seats or upgrades to FC despite the announcements that it is "a very full flight, we need xxx more people to check their bag free of charge". So, I can imagine it would be easy for a GA to slip into the "what part of full flight did you not hear" mode, but even so I have not seen abruptness or rudeness to those passengers. I cringe now each time my departure gate is at anything but N, because the new lounge is such an escape from the massive crowds at SEA. It is obvious that cruise season is in full swing. (even the ferry yesterday, mid day from Bremerton to Seattle was much more full than I have ever seen it at other than rush hour commutes.
My issue was at SEA as I was flying back to BOI. And yes I was asking about an earlier flight, I heard the agent final calling for several passengers to which I simply asked do you have any space for a 75K/million miler then the rude reply and would not even look me in the face. Plain rude and it wasn't like there was a rush to her station in fact no one was there! BOI crews are great and go out of their way for us flights are full in and out and more flights being added.