FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:11 am
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by flightyryan
Let me recap, to make sure I get it, then troubleshoot:
1. You installed Flighty but forgot to turn on Notifications. OK, good to know, maybe we can make that more clear.
2. Then you are saying CX flights have been a mess since July.
3. Flighty correctly told you a tail number change and a plane type change.
4. CX865 was delayed and CX and Google had it, Flighty was 20 minutes late.

OK, so a couple things. First sorry for the late reply, I meant to reply for 2 days. Next, let me point you to "Record of Changes" are at the bottom of every flight in Flighty and report every single tiny little change, not like other sites that only show changes >=15m changes, we list every drop. So, you can *always* see what time Flighty knew about X event. Next, due to our strict privacy, there's really not much I can look into so far... like what should I look up to investigate this? I don't know the flight date or your UserID. I think this might be a recurring them on the board, so allow me to say:

*To diagnosis an issue, I need a bug report via "Report an Issue" in the app – including flight numbes, date, and what happened. Exactly like the info you provided above would be stellar. That report includes your private random UserID, and a diagnostic log from the app, without that, there's no much we can look up.*

I'm not meaning to point this a lsquare at all, just a general PSA, that is my fault for not saying earlier. As to your issue exactly, I've never heard of CX issues, this is literally the first, but my eyes are peeled now, and if you send me that bug report we can look!
1. Maybe forgot is the wrong word. I didn't know what to expect and what I had to do prior to taking AC548. I think it might be best for some things to be turned on by default. I'll let you make the decision on that.

2. I think CX865 JFK-YVR have been a mess at least based on my experience so far and the statistics provided by Flighty. Have you looked into the flight? I took CX865 on July 5th and August 9th from JFK-YVR.

3. I don't know if it was correct because I don't have any other information to compare to. The funny thing is that it ultimately reverted to the original plane that was supposed to be used for the JFK-YVR flight. So CX changed the plane, but thought it was a bad idea and go back to the original plane? Flighty shows B777-300 changed to B777-300 ER, but I think it was originally a B777-300 ER. If so, it made a couple of decisions in a span of a couple of hours.

4. Yes, Flighty was late to notify me of the delayed departure while CX's notification via email and Google was correct. Why wasn't Flighty able to show the delayed departure much earlier?

I'm just going to copy and paste this into an email for you. I'm not sure why my User ID would be important in figuring out why Flighty didn't display the delayed departure sooner.

Thx for the help.

Originally Posted by flightyryan
See, this is where I'm a little different, actually very different - I want to build this into a small business that I keep for a long long long time. I have no intentions of selling or getting bought. I have all the intentions of working on the product for years and years and years. There is SO much that can be done.

You're thinking is right: getting cashflow up front is VERY helpful for building the business faster and better. This particular business, with it's insanely high and recurring operating costs is rrrrreally dicey to sell an unlimited lifetime plan.

In general, "we" (app makers) aim for 3-5x annual price for lifetime prices. I think you are spot on with 3 years being the general expected lifetime by a user. Given my costs and my plans, how many of you would buy Flighty lifetime for $199?
What's the point of calling it lifetime if it's going to be 3 years?

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 16, 2019 at 8:30 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.