FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Apple and Goldman Sachs to partner on new credit card
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:15 pm
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
Many provisions of card regulations are tied to Statements. If Goldman is going to generate statements there may be additional payment options or account identification methods there.
Worst case, wouldn't one be able to pull the account number from their credit reports? Assuming GS will actually accept checks sent to the above address, of course.

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
I could imagine this card won't be as profitable as other cards, so can you really blame GS for taking the higher fees?

This card literally discourages paying interest and has no fees... Not even late fees, nor does it encourage GS to sell data, and then it still offers rewards.
They're accepting a fair number of subprime cardholders, though, so I'm sure a bunch will still be paying interest. Also, I don't think the Apple Card will help at all with resolving longstanding merchant complaints about interchange fees, either, but I'm also not sure merchants can really do much about it as long as "honor all cards" is still a thing.