FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ambassador vs Titanium
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:38 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Too many people are thinking about Ambassador as only being about having the actual Ambassador to help you out. That was particularly important with SPG and in the pre Feb 2019 launch of Bonvoy, since Ambassador guests weren't considered a higher actual status tier.

That changed on Feb 13, 2019, with the introduction of Bonvoy. As of that date, Ambassador was not only a person to assist us but an actual higher status tier.

Once all the Bonvoy portfolio properties had their systems updated, they all now can see our Ambassador status well before we arrive. With SPG, properties had no idea about us being so "elite" and our Ambassadors had to contact properties on our behalf in order for us to get the better benefits and better elite treatment.

Not any longer. Now we no longer need to rely on our Ambassadors to contact properties on our behalf. All properties know our Ambassasor status as soon as we book; that allows them to pre-upgrade us and prepare for us in ways that weren't possible or as likely before.

That's why I already am pre-upgraded to a Macassar Suite at the Prince de Galles Paris...for our stay in October. On an award stay. My Ambassador didn't have to do anything. The hotel just saw that I am Ambassador status and a returning guest--and upgraded me.

That's why I was pre-upgraded to suites at the RC Coconut Grove, RC Georgetown, StR Bahia Beach, RC Boston, StR San Francisco, RC Bacara Santa Barbara, RC Half Moon Bay, LM Cambridge, LM Arlington, LM Philly, Sheraton Philly Univ City, FP NYC Chelsea, FP NYC Midtown, CY New Haven, Sheraton Hartford South, Ren Providence, Sheraton Boston, etc. All since Feb 13.

Ambassador status matters now. A lot.

In addition, we all have our Ambassadors to help us whenever we need them. And they've been getting a lot better for a lot of Ambassador elites as the service has reassigned better people to the program and moved less impressive people to other duties.