FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Alaska Airlines Bored Room
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:50 am
ctporter

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by edgewood49
On another note has anyone seen a slight decline in the "friendly skies" of Alaska Airlines? More in particular the gate agents. I have had two really bad experiences asking simple questions one that caused me to walk away and open up Delta on my phone to see if there was a open flight to BOI from SEA. If it were not for the fact that there were no decent seats left, all centers I would have taken it. Still pondering writing AS. just hate cut and paste answers
Surprising to hear that about BOI, they have been super nice each time I fly out of there. What I have noticed is at SEA is that there are a LOT of folks coming up to the GAs and asking for better seats or upgrades to FC despite the announcements that it is "a very full flight, we need xxx more people to check their bag free of charge". So, I can imagine it would be easy for a GA to slip into the "what part of full flight did you not hear" mode, but even so I have not seen abruptness or rudeness to those passengers. I cringe now each time my departure gate is at anything but N, because the new lounge is such an escape from the massive crowds at SEA. It is obvious that cruise season is in full swing. (even the ferry yesterday, mid day from Bremerton to Seattle was much more full than I have ever seen it at other than rush hour commutes.