FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seasonal Route DFW-KEF Reykjavik B757 —> PHL-KEF Jun 2020
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:24 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iahphx
PHL-KEF on a 757 is way more logical. That seasonal route has a genuine chance to succeed, as long as interest in Iceland travel continues. BTW, how are prices in Iceland these days. I went a few years ago after the Icelandic "bubble" burst and things were expensive, but not crazy. But then they got more expensive again. I think the Krona has declined now in unison with the Euro, but my prime hesitation in returning (other than over-tourism) is that I don't think Iceland would deliver very good vacation value. The US dollar is quite strong now, and it's almost always more fun to vacation where you feel rich, than vacation where you feel poor.
If Iceland makes someone feel rich on vacation and it is more fun to vacation where you feel rich, then why not vacation in the poorest parts of Mississippi and cheer-lead for a new PHL to Mississippi route? Oh, wait, but there is no major international competitor that AA wants to chase away from Mississippi.