FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles Booster / Multi-partner trip (SAS/VS)
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:57 pm
RollAnotherFatOne

Programs: BA, JAL
Miles Booster / Multi-partner trip (SAS/VS)

Dear All,

I have been looking to build up my points on the VS FFP, so have purchased the booster option of miles for my upcoming trip to east coast USA.
My trip is ARN-MAN (SK/Y), MAN-eastcoast (VS/Z) return, booked via an OTA.

I have a couple of questions, which I hope more experienced VS travellers may be able to answer.
1a) Is the booster miles total worked out based on the whole ticket, or just the VS flights?
1b) If I was to try to claim the SAS mileage separately (on an alternative FFP) would this affect the booster award miles purchased.
2) Is there an easy way to claim for the different flights for different programmes? Ideally I'd like to only send the SAS flight mileage to the SQ programme.

Many thanks for taking the time to read my query. R.
_____
Background: In planning for my trip in Asia later in the year, I have found myself annoyingly 2k miles short for an intra-asia redemption thanks to SQ raising redemption rates in Jan/April. I am hoping this is an easy way to save myself 80$pp, as ARN-MAN (Y) for SAS would earn jthe requisite 2k miles.

Last edited by RollAnotherFatOne; Aug 14, 2019 at 7:03 pm