FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight {Archive}
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:27 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MoogleMD
Hi there, I applied mileage upgrade awards for me and my wife on FLT 940 out of EWR to LHR on Saturday 8/24 at 10pm. 10 days out, and speaking with the rep there are 6 people waiting for upgrade including me, and 14 seats of 46 booked, but united is holding 15 seats because economy is overbooked significantly. What do you think my chances of clearing are before the 24 hour mark? I don't want them to split the PNR.
Your chances are good of the upgrade clearing eventually, provided they fly that configuration. Economy isn't overbooked; they're blocking 15 seats in case they have to swap to a lower-capacity J plane. Those seats won't be available for sale, meaning upgrade chances are much better than they normally would be.

As to whether or not it would happen prior to check-in; that depends upon when they decide that plane's assignment is finalized. Perhaps someone can report clearance experiences with the high-J 763.

Do you have status with United?