FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:51 am
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by jay_cee87
Thanks for the info, I have paid to reserve a window seat in row 2. Looking at the seating plans that is the first cabin. So is it likely that despite me paying extra to choose this seat BA will move me back into the club cabin ?

I believe they would refund you if they move you back to the club cabin in a 4 class plane (as you've paid for the seat selection) but I'm happy to be corrected. Note they wouldn't if it was substituted for a 3 class and had a row 2...(AFAIK)...Hope you get FLUBBED!

Originally Posted by CaroFos
Hello - getting excited about Saturday.. have now booked a return for Sunday contemplating having a day by a pool.. not bothered to venture into Madrid as was there recently but wondered if anyone could recommend a nice hotel near airport (with shuttle) with decent outside pool.. Looked at hilton but pool area looks a bit limited? Any other recos? Looking forward to meeting up with y'all travelling on same flights! CF
^ Enjoy, try checking out the Melia brand of hotels. There are two by that chain near the airport, the first is Melia Barajas here with a pool close to the airport and free airport transfers, not sure if they do day rates but worth emailing or phoning to find out. There is also a TRYP (a bit 'Chernobyl bleak' apparently but has a reasonable pool as noted by tynmar)...not sure if they offer free shuttle and day rates but worth looking. The Pullman (Accor chain) has a pool and has day rates and is within quick reach of the airport (website also states free shuttle, also connected via Metro. Hope that helps.

Graphics and wiki now up to date to this post! Hope they put a smile on your faces on this grey and rainy day!

Safe travels everyone. ^

Last edited by BotB; Aug 14, 2019 at 4:13 am Reason: edited to change bit about the TRYP hotel and credit tynmar!