FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kuala Lumpur Questions
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:04 pm
nov11

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by swiftaw
Thanks for your responses everyone. I love Indian food, so you've given me some places to try.
If you love Indian food, try Santa Chapati House (near Chinatown/Masjid Jamek area). It's a vegetarian chapati restaurant and there are plenty of other Indian options one street over on Leboh Ampang: e.g. Sangeetha, Saravana, Betel Leaf etc.

If you are staying in Bukit Bintang Area (Westin, JW Marriott etc.), there are plenty of local restaurants and stalls just away from the main street (Jalan Bukit Bintang and Jalan Sultan Ismail). You'll be amazed how local it'll get once you step one block away from the main streets. There are plenty of Chinese style hotpot (e.g. Haidilao) in that area, many of them behind Fahrenheit 88 and apparently a very good Pakistani biryani place about 5 minutes walk from Westin KL 9 (Briyani Asif, wanted to try that but it was closed due to a Muslim holiday).

Cafe Kathmandu (on Tengkat Tong Shin, one block away from Jalan Alor) serves excellent Nepalese dishes (their thali set is pretty authentic). Sarang Cookery (on Jalan Galloway) has a pretty extensive Nyonya menu. They have a cooking class as well but I only went there for the food.