FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum UPG Priority changes
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:59 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SCLflyer
After 13 years of Comodoro/Black I've completely stopped accruing miles on LATAM this year and moved my business to AA. Despite the fact that AAdvatage is not what it used to be ,I really enjoy their (sometimes) confirmed Systemwide Upgrades from any paid fare, the ability to book one way awards, the transparency of the program and their amazing Executive Platinum phone desk (also available in spanish). I am honestly disgusted by what LATAM has turned into and I hope to limit my flights with them to the absolute minimum. Latam has become an awful airline in terms of ground experience, catering, benefits for premium passengers, frequent flyer program, business class seating,.etc etc etc.. I have a hard time to understand how they've been chosen the best airline in South America. End of ranting.

Together with AA I'd definitely consider AS as a FFP, especially if you're flying paid J.
I'd expect things to deteriorate more before they (if ever) get better. With the CLP at over $700 and the ARS in temporary chaos, the company's US$ standing is getting pretty weak. While labor is paid in local currency, a lot of the other goods and services, including fuel, is US$ based.