FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PH Hamburg: they should not call it a junior "suite"
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:22 pm
CalFlyer

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Why did you bother booking a Junior Suite if you expected the upgrade to the 1 bedroom? Why not just book a standard room? Regardless, they obviously felt that they did not have standard suites open (perhaps they'd already upgraded others - are you SURE they had standard 1 bedrooms empty for the night???) If you are 100% certain that the standard suite WAS open at the time you arrived (not preassigned to someone else which they have every right to do) then you have a legitimate gripe on that front, but the notion that Junior Suites MUST have a separate bedroom is hogwash - that's not industry standard and NEVER has been. You should have known better.
I did not expect an upgrade to a 1 bedroom, I expected the junior suite to be a 1 bedroom. And yes, because i had my family and quite some luggage with me I asked for a larger suite than what I expected the junior suite to be. That's all.

I typically NEVER book a suite (since I don't need the space) so I am not familiar with industry tricks around "junior suites".