FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PH Hamburg: they should not call it a junior "suite"
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:07 pm
CalFlyer

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
As a self-described "20 year globalist" you should know better than anyone that Junior Suites **frequently** are just one larger room. This isn't anything new or unusual.
"Self-described"? You either are or are not, right?

Also, it seems awfully presumptuous for you to walk in there and expect something you clearly didn't book.
Hmmh, does it? I usually don't ask for an upgrade, because I typically do not really care (and I am generally not comfortable asking for goodies). But this time I did. Hyatt clearly lists it as a Globalist benefit: "Enjoy an upgraded room based on availability at check-in, up to standard suites". Now the standard suite has been available as I know from their booking site, and I have been denied a benefit that I have earned through many many loyal stays over the years. Not cool.

they don't even list the "Junior Suite" under suites on the website!
When I booked, I went straight to the booking page. There is no distinction between rooms and suites there, just a listing of available accommodation types. The suite part in the junior suite name is truly misleading.

My whole post is about the fact that I find the nomenclature "junior suite" misleading, that's all. A suite should be a suite.

Last edited by CalFlyer; Aug 13, 2019 at 2:15 pm