FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Apple and Goldman Sachs to partner on new credit card
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:59 pm
pdxer

Originally Posted by rasheed
Thanks for clarifying. Yes, you are supposed to use your name and email address attached to your Apple Card account to identify your unique account. So, that would be the identifying info for the payment per GS. This is messy because most online bill payment don't accept @ or . characters for account numbers.
I doubt GS internal systems do either. Maybe there's a way to get an actual account number to push a payment. Part of whatever they use should be on credit reports.

However, I am not clear how often does that virtual card number change because Apple says to use that number in the app not just for online purchases that don't accept Apple Pay, but also for recurring online transactions.
It's a virtual number that can be changed whenever the user decides they want a new number, such as when it's been compromised.

Is the card number initially placed on the mag strip and EMV chip different than the virtual number shown in the app? I am not sure.
It is.