FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:14 am
rdh0924

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by IAlwaysCall
My 2 cents...

I just got back from FP and stayed at the St. Regis, IC Thalasso, IC Moorea, and saw the IC Le Moana. Of the IHG properties, the IC Thalasso was heads and shoulders above the other two. I can't speak for service, but the Le Moana looked tired and not anywhere near the same 5* quality of the Thalasso. The IC Moorea was nice though the Lanai rooms were just standard hotel rooms (if that's what you booked). What they really lacked was any quality customer service. I think you'll be less disappointed than me if you do the setup you're doing now (Tahiti, Moorea, Thalasso), as you don't know how good the Thalasso is. I know some people apparently like the Le Moana more, but I don't really see it. Regardless, you'll have a great trip.
Noted! I'd love to find award space at Thalasso, but I know that can be tough to secure. Hoping by having Thalasso last we won't know what we're missing the first six nights. Never been to FP, so I'm thinking we'll have a great experience regardless of what the itinerary winds up being. I'm intrigued by the beachfront rooms at Le Moana and feel like that would be sufficient as our intent would be to do more excursions while there and then just completely relax at Thalasso.