FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Below Average Biz Class to the Above Average Balkans
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:02 am
pjs

6/6 – Island Time

We were up at 06:45 and had another good breakfast at the Le Meridien. Our “Uber” came for us at 7:45 as we had arranged via WhatsApp to take us into Split.

I booked an all day island tour with a company named Summer Blues. I’m not sure what happened frankly, as I had meant to book a 5 island tour on a fast boat, but somehow booked a catamaran “booze cruise.” This became apparent as we sailed away from Split marina at 9am and the bar was open.

Our first stop was for some swimming off the boat near the island of Brac. The water was cold but I got in anyway.

Then we motored on to Hvar Town and everybody got off for about 2.5 hours. My wife wasn’t too thrilled with the booze cruise aspect but she liked Hvar. We split up for a bit so I could hike up to the fortress and get some views back down over the island and marina.

We had a light lunch at an outdoor café in Hvar. The weather was amazing at this point. We barely saw another cloud the entire rest of the trip.

The boat picked everyone up around 3pm and we made another swim stop near Brac about halfway back. We ended up sailing toward Split and the dance party started. It was pretty funny to watch all these drunk German 20-somethings dance the Macarena, etc, but it was chilly with the temperature dropping and the wind whipping up.

This is one of those tour bookings that I will always hear about from my wife. But that’s OK – stuff happens.

After we got back to Split, we went back to the same restaurant from the first night – Boom! - and had our same seafood platter and wine. After gelato, our “Uber” came and picked us up for the last time. If anyone wants his contact info, feel free to PM me.

That night, we were unfortunately awoken by a phone call around midnight from our 17 year old. She had got into a fender bender and was upset. She was fine, but the car was not. We were up half the night dealing with the insurance, etc.

Up next: Real Croatia