FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AerClub: maintaining same tier
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:56 am
RMDrive

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum / Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mccartje
- If, by 7/1/2020, I have not reached platinum, does my credit balance reset to zero and I revert to Green status? Your tier credit balance will reset to zero. Your status will reset green if you have less than 301 tier credits by 7/1/2020
- what if, by 7/1/2020, I do have the minimum amount for a silver membership (301 or more)? Does this get ignored? No, if you have earned at least 301 tier credits (but less than 601) before 7/1/2020 then you will 'retain' silver status for your next membership year (until 7/1/2021 in your case).

The way Aer Lingus show the renewal/next tier dates is a little confusing if you are not overly familiar with the system, you're not the first to look for clarification. Extra point to note for you, if you reach 601 tier credits and thus the platinum level you will benefit from a 'soft' landing to silver tier if the following year you do not earn enough tier credits to earn/retain platinum or silver, as long as you have taken I think 4 flights during that year. That is to say if you earned platinum by 7/1/2020, this will give you platinum status to 7/1/2021, if from 7/1/2020 to 7/1/2021 you only flew a few times with Aer Lingus and earned less than 301 tier credits you would retain silver status until 7/1/2022 - the so called soft landing from platinum to silver. Just something to consider if pushing for platinum status this anniversary year.
Do you know if the 'soft landing' will apply in successive years? If I'm concierge today but am likely to do very little travel over the next 2 years, will I drop to Platinum next year and Silver the year after?