FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:18 am
flyingeph12

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm totally ok with limited service and lower-end properties. I guess Holiday Inn Express (I know it's IHG) counts as limited service and lower-end? If so, I didn't think it was bad at all for a solo traveller like me. I can see why it could be an issue if travelling with a gf or a spouse. In your opinion, are the AC and Moxy TS good value in terms of cost and location? If I were to spend points, where should I stay in terms of location and points required for redemption?

Thx.
If it were me and using points, I would pick one of the Cat 4 hotels in Fidi or LIC. I am not a fan of the TS area in general, and I don’t think an extra 10k a night is worth it for a Midtown location, when the subway is quick and easy. The AC TS is fine but probably not my first Cat 5 choice. I’d probably go with one of the RIs or one of hotels in Chelsea. There is a new Autograph Collection in Weehawken that is a Cat 5, which is somewhat intriguing to me, but the ferry to Hudson Yards is not as convenient (or as cheap) as the subway.