FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2019]
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:17 pm
PanAmWT

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by nomad420
Cleared up grade on SFO to KOA at T1hr on yesterdays SFO-KOA flight. Was number 1 at OLCI and remained 1 until T1 and cleared.... as predicted. Also my comments on T3 Clear at SFO, Sat AM very busy at T3 with probably 12 people in line at Clear, did use. Yesterday, after checking in at the GS lobby I went again to Clear and I was directed to Clear pre check line which basically just cycle you to the TSA line you access from the GS lobby. Apart from skipping the ID check (Clear does that) there really was no time saving at all. Actually for me it was longer as I checked my bags at the GS lobby and walked around to Clear to see how it went. Can't complain as it was free for me to sign up and will probably try it at other locations later in the year.
At T3 you either use GS lobby or Clear. It makes little sense to use both. At international terminal Clear is much better because most of the time you are moved to the beginning of the conveyor, skipping the line between the ID check and the convoyer.