FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex prepaid FHR not earning hotel program points?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:23 pm
janwillem

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by adewq
I know that the AMEX FHR program is supposed be eligible for earning point with hotel loyalty programs and elite qualifying nights, but recently I've been seeing a few varying stories that FHR bookings aren't eligible anymore as qualifying nights or for earning if you prepay for different programs. The ones I am curious about are Marriott and Hyatt.

Marriott:
The points guy article had mentioned that people are reporting that Marriott hasn't been giving the points and elite night credits. I am unsure if that is only for prepaid. It looks like it is something that started this year.

Hyatt:
I know that MLife doesn't give tier credits for prepaid FHR bookings, but are eligible for pay at hotel option. My question is if you make a Prepaid FHR booking at a MLife property do you still get Hyatt earning and elite qualifying night with the MLife partnership even if you don't receive Mlife Tier Credits?
Just had a St Regis stay through Centurion which should be treated the same as FHR in this regard. Points posted as normal. Also never had a problem with Hyatt points either through FHR. Mlife I know nothing about.