FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:36 pm
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by rasheed
Yeah, it is a food repair shop as you said.
Okay, as referenced, it is not a supermarket, but I get that AmEx does a terrible job at transaction level data giving enough detail.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r...fo/retail.html
Originally Posted by JFSV
Thanks. It is a supermarket (that is my view) called Gourmet Garage on 155 W 66TH ST NEW YORK NY. Google maps also describes it as "Branch of small local grocery-store chain offering produce, cheeses, coffee & prepared & deli foods." I am missing like 70MR points only but it is a matter of principle
looks like an interesting market. i have to visit that sometime!

i would call the MR dept to test my luck and get that included for future purchases. maybe they will agree its a grocery store! or they could totally argue this market is a "specialty retail". def not a normal grocery store like safeway. but while 70MR may not seem like much, its still worth ~$1 with schwab or with transfer bonus to a partner airline in premium cabin, a lot more. just depends if you want to bother. its really quick though.

i have called many times for 4x dining. not supermarket issues, but def cafes that dont code as dining. they sometimes tell me its not coded for dining so they will make an exception to give me the points one time. and sometimes, they agree with me and make a note to a certain dept to include that vendor for future 4x dining. its a win for everyone who now goes to that retailer.

Originally Posted by Magna
To back up what you said . . . chat person agreed with me it was a legitimate restaurant, blamed restaurant for identifying themselves incorrectly, said angrily there was nothing s/he could do! It seemed like the chat person was getting many of these chats and was very angry fielding them. This happened a while ago and was for a small amount of money so I didn't pursue it by calling, but still can remember the chat person's utter angry.
totally. chat is useless. thank you for the DP. they have no authority to do anything productive.