FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airpoints Data Breach
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:53 pm
kiwifrequentflyer

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by drajknox

The naivety in the above post is remarkable. Spam filters mis-sort and take time to check. How can you tell a number you don’t know is a spam call - sometimes obvious if from another country but not always. You would be surprised how easily the divulged information could be used with other publically available info to carry out identity theft which may have a wide range of consequences. While you seem naive to this some of us are not - perhaps one day you will treat these matters less frivolously.
You have given out yours phone number to friends and family only, so as that is the concern, when you glance and see a phone number that your phone has labelled "SPAM" or a phone number from a strange overseas number, no, I don't think it's going to take a significant time chunk out of yoir life to just filter them...

Spam phone numbers very quickly get labelled as "SPAM" and no you don't have to do anything to set that up.

I am a stickler for protecting my time, this is definitely not one area I lose sleep over 🤷

You seem to have added identity theft into the discussion, quoting a post when I was literally just talking about time lost due to spam calls...

Last edited by kiwifrequentflyer; Aug 13, 2019 at 2:06 am