FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air Upgrade Policy
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:16 am
benji2227

Just back from a Paris CDG-ICN leg in (revenue) business class on an A380.

I was shocked at the amount of upgrades they handed out. At the very least 30 people were upgraded to Business (and maybe 4-5 from Business to First).

But I'm even more surprised at how they proceeded. I booked a seat in the very front cabin, and when they distributed the amenity kits (separately for eco and business), I could see that in the front cabin alone (usually dedicated to higher booking classes), about 1 third were OpUps. In my cabin at least, they all got Business class catering.

I didn't check precisely at the back, but it was an obvious mix of "real" biz pax and OpUps.

Strange way of proceeding. Why don't they regroup all OpUps at the back and serve Eco meals?

I don't care, since I'm always happy myself to get OpUpped, but for many business passengers, seeing the evidence that the cabin is full of Eco pax might not be thrilling. Why not give a business amenity kit to everyone, if they are going to serve the business catering anyway...?

Also, I noticed on my neighbor's ticket a fairly low booking class (U), and he had parts of his family of at least 4 (all OpUps) spread in the business cabin. Both contradict the theories that state you'd better be travelling alone, and on a high fair ticket to get OpUpped