FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:07 pm
Magna

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
never understood the incessant need to ban calling from your list of modern productivity tools when it comes to handling sheit w/ amex. only exception is if youre exploiting a loophole or are unable for whatever reason. chat services are specifically staffed by 3rd rate useless people because they didnt make the cut for live conversation. plenty of exceptions, but its usually the case with large banks.

its unclear if your frustration is because dining is not coded correctly or if its because your attempts to fix the issue with chat went nowhere. both can be fixed ASAP. go call amex MR dept 1-800-297-3276. they will add your points in real time. you read that correctly. REAL TIME. not only will they add your points, they will also make a request to add that vendor into the 4x cat so you wont have to call again. i do this on a monthly basis on the gold with no MS. i dont need eyes on my account.

thats why you call. do not chat.
To back up what you said . . . chat person agreed with me it was a legitimate restaurant, blamed restaurant for identifying themselves incorrectly, said angrily there was nothing s/he could do! It seemed like the chat person was getting many of these chats and was very angry fielding them. This happened a while ago and was for a small amount of money so I didn't pursue it by calling, but still can remember the chat person's utter angry.