FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MXP lounge
Thread: MXP lounge
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:02 pm
Nick Art
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by behuman
2. Shall *G not offer anymore lounge access when traveling on cheap fares ?
3. SEN lounge should be for SEN only, not for *G (which are most often cheap compared to SEN) and should at best be allowed to the standard C lounges ?

I would approve all of the above as it is time that LH cares more for their own elites, *G is most of the time more easy to attain than LH FTL.

The goal of any quality product should be to keep it exclusive to motivate people to get it.
Originally Posted by Raul_R
My five cents:
2.*G should keep lounge access but ONLY to LH business lounge, not depending on the fare class
3.SEN lounge MUST become absolutely SEN-only with absolute ban for all other *G (if they are not lucky enough to be SEN's guest). But standard C lounge acccess should remain no matter of travel/booking class and fare paid.

The topic of banning *G from SEN Lounges is coming up way to frequently for my liking.
While imo there aren't enough SEN to justify a SEN only SEN Lounge, as per Oliver, LH gets an extra 10 Eur for admitting *G to the SEN Lounges, so that surely won't change anytime soon.
Why does everybody want to cut benefits for everybody else? Way too many airlines do that already, you don't need to encourage them too as well. Just think UA not allowing their own elites to their lounges on domestic travel. Think SQ with their lovely Premium Economy *G check in counters. This undercuts the exact principle of having world wide benefits even at airports that your FFP carrier doesn't even fly too, so let's just leave it at the status quo.

While I get that there are some programs where one can achieve *G extremly easily, that surely doesn't make up the majority of *G visiting lounges and punishing all of them for it would surely be wrong. I'm based in ZRH and am a SK *G, and I admit, I probably wouldn't make it to SEN with my flying patern, yet I still spend a not unsignificant amount of money on LX and LH flights. And just to put the whole thing in reference: If you want to optimize, achieving SEN is possible by spending as little as 5k $ (two F partner special roundtrips) and my flights to achieve *G with SK aren't exactly cheaper than that. SEN already have some exclusive beneifts and a SEN only SEN Lounge should not be one of it. All *G are created equal, yet some *G are more equal than others.

Last edited by oliver2002; Sep 29, 2021 at 1:28 am Reason: no animated gif please