FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:39 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by dwatcher
Thanks for the insight. I have no problem sending information they request, however I don't have the miles and smiles card. Account is just two weeks old. The sales office is in Washington DC. I guess I have to visit city sales office right? not the airport one.

Worst come worst if I have to go, can I go instead of my wife (tickets are booked under her Miles and Smiles account, however I am traveling too) OR I have relative that lives closer to the city sales office, can they go on behalf of me with this information?
Yes, you have to visit the city sales office, some airport offices may do these transactions some don't. I am not sure but the ticket office in IAD is only a counter ( not an actual office ) so they might redirect you to the city one.

Your relatives could visit the sales office but still, they would ask the cardholder to sign a document via fax and mail before the transaction so it would be safe if the cardholder goes to the sales office in person. I know it's a bit annoying, but following the stupid TK rules are the only way to deal with them.