FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ‘Conference’ password for my car
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:15 pm
Xeno

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by nobodyherebutme
@Xeno, here's one way to get it done:

1) Install Network Analyzer on your iPad. The free version is sufficient.
2) Set up your iPad as a WiFi hotspot. Be sure sure to record the existing password or set one that's easier to enter on the dashcam.
3) Connect to the iPad WiFi hotspot from your dashcam (you'll need to enter the password from #2 )
4) Start Network Analyzer, select the LAN function (second from the left on my iPhone--iPad may be different), click Scan to get the list of devices on your hotspot. Scan should find two devices, one being the iPad, the other should be the dashcam.
5) Record the Mac address of the dashcam (it should a 20 or so characters-long alphanumeric string)
6) Turn off the WiFi hotspot and uninstall Network Analyzer if you don't want to keep it.
7) While still in the car, call Marriott Tech Support and tell them you are trying to connect a device to the Marriott guest WiFi, that you can't get the log in screen, but that you have the Mac address. If he/she asks, you may need to reveal that the device is a WiFi camera (although these days, it could have been some sort of medical device such as an Apnea machine) . But you probably shouldn't volunteer that the device is in the car.
8) Check that everything is working while still in the car then go back to your room and enjoy.
I just spoke to the manager on duty. She does not think Marriott has a policy forbidding access of certain devices like a dash cam to their Wifi.

When I asked about generating a password, she said that was she they did not the ability to do. She said Internet is all off site and she gave me a phone number to call to see how they would respond.