FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Re-using printer paper?
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:28 am
BigLar
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Re-using printer paper?

As some of you know, I have several laser printers, which I use for various purposes. One of them, an HP P1102W, is small and fast enough for my porposes. Wireless and USB, but no duplexing. I have it connected to my main computer and it sits above my computer desk.

I often find myself printing one- or two-page documents; proof copies, information I need for a short time, data I take to a customer's site (but don't hand out). etc. The 1102 is my default printer, so I just click on the printer icon and out pops the page. Then, shortly thereafter, I dump the page in the trash bin. With one perfectly good side.

So I got to thinking. I buy paper in 10-ream cases and I'm getting a little low. As an experiment I took some of the paper destined for the trash and loaded it into the bypass slot on the printer and printed.

As expected, the sheets came out like always, but now the "back" side had other stuff printed on it. But, since no one else will see it, and it's all going into the trash eventually, no big deal.

Well, I "feel good" about myself (saving trees and all that) but I thought I'd ask - do any of you do something similar or am I just the cheapest guy you've ever met?